At Structural Chiropractic, we take great pride in providing the finest chiropractic wellness care to our patients. Below is a sampling of the different chiropractic services we offer in our Oakland office.
We provide spinal correction utilizing gentle chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic have we been able to provide the level of help and expertise that now exists. These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Peter Rehl has years of training and experience in spinal adjustment.
Chiropractic techniques used are:
- Activator Methods Chiropractic Technique
- Sacro-Occipital Technique (SOT)
Dr. Rehl uses these Soft Tissue Techniques
Dr. Rehl uses several different ways to help bring you to optimal health.
- Laser Therapy. We have the best cold laser on the market with proven effectiveness for relieving pain, healing tissues and speeding up healing, the Erchonia XLR8. Ask for a free first session for laser to see how it works for you, in conjunction with adjustments. A great way to reduce inflammation, heal muscles, and much more!
- Applied Kinesiology. A holistic way of restoring function and neuromuscular reeducation. Dr. Rehl primarily uses muscle testing to see if you have an apparently "weak" muscle to determine where you have less than optimally performing muscles, tendons, lymphatic drainage, fascia, and more.
- Pin and stretch of muscles, working through adhesions keeping your muscles from allowing your body through its full range of motion.
- IASTM or instrument assisted soft tissue massage. This assists with breaking up adhesions that hold your fascia from sliding well over your muscles, restoring range of motion, and it brings in blood for healing.
- Percussion. We have a percussor instrument to help get through those touch knots in your muscles and help bring some motion to your joints.
- Trigger Point use.
- Myofascial Release Technique as needed.
- Rehabilitation Management & Injury Prevention
Dr. Rehl is also an OPTAVIA Health Coach, to help people lose weight safely and effectively. Through your health coach, Dr. Peter Rehl can help you attain healthy lifestyle choices using a proven method of meal replacements with the best research and development of products and service. You can better attain a healthy lifestyle, weight, and management of high blood pressure with OPTAVIA, lifestyle changes, exercise, and chiropractic care.
We teach our patients special "blueprint" exercises to help strengthen and correct their own unique problem. These exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles and connective tissues can be out of place or strained by improper alignment and use. Specific exercises and stretches can help your body stay in balance and in health.
We often find it helpful to "coach" our patients on certain activities they should avoid or do differently to avoid aggravating their particular health challenge. Our goal is to help every patient achieve a fulfilling and happy lifestyle full of the activities they enjoy most. We recognize that each patient is a whole person, and helping them reach true health and wellness is a collaborate effort between our professionals and our patients.
Nutritional supplementation may be advised, with an emphasis on individual needs. This may include labs, specific supplements, and diet modifications as needed, such as removing foods from one’s diet that cause allergic responses.
Massage therapy offers a natural conservative treatment approach that relieves musculoskeletal pain for many patients. Our office provides specific massage and muscular therapy that is tailored to meet the patient's condition and injury. The benefits of massage therapy may include increasing blood circulation, reducing swelling, relaxing muscles, relieving muscle pain and spasms, and aid in recovery and range of motion.
Custom orthotics are provided using Sole Supports. These are superior orthotics in design and materials that allow for the best mechanics and support to occur in the feet, allowing better comfort, gait, balance, muscle strength, etc. Dr. Rehl looks to free the feet of their binding adhesions and adjust the bones of the feet as necessary to restore proper biomechanics to the feet, thus also affecting the biomechanics of the body. After it is determined the joints of the feet are moving as best they can then the custom orthotics are created. It is in the best interest of the patients, Dr. Rehl believes, to have properly functioning feet fitted to orthotics as opposed to have the feet measured to an orthotic in their current state, where the feet have adhesions causing restrictions in their movement and where bones may be out of position.
Refer to http://www.solesupports.com/ for more information.